Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving


Well, here we are, the day before Thansgiving. In 2000, I was on bed rest waiting for Princess to be born. I had high blood pressure and was on total bed rest, which meant I could get up to go to the bathroom, make something to eat, then I could lay on my left side either in bed or on the couch, kind of boring!
I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 7 months pregnant, I have poly cystic ovary syndrome, and the long and the short of it is that women with that syndrome usually need help getting pregnant. All the doctors had said I would need help. All those pregnancy things? Tired? Weight gain? Movement? I thought I had uterine cancer, the signs are the same for the most part. In my defense, Princess was not a big mover until the end, and I am a heavier woman, so the weight gain thing, I only gained 20 pounds the whole pregnancy. I found out I was pregnant the weekend befor Halloween from a home pregnancy test, then officially on Halloween which was a Tuesday, from the Dr. That's also when I realised I had only 8 weeks to get ready for this!! I almost considered putting her up for adoption, I was single and knew that her father wouldn't be in her life at all, I was scared. Besides, I had put the thought of having kids out of my mind when I divorced, and that had been painful. All of a sudden I had to switch gears in my head. All it took to convince me to keep her is hearing her heartbeat, the most beautiful sound I had ever heard, and seeing her ultrasound. She was beautiful even in the womb!!! I have never regretted my decision to keep her, she is the sunshine in my life. Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever loved.
So this Thanksgiving, I am so very thankful for Princess, for her almost 4 years of gracing my life, and she IS the reason I have a relationship with Mom and Dad, mom is not easy to get along with. So she has enriched my life so much and I give thanks for her presence.
I would love to hear what everyone else is thankful for, post a comment or drop me an email :-)
I promise to respond to each and every post or email. And have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone, count your blessings and forget about the crap :-)


• Posted By Crazy Single Mom @ 7:59 AM
  • --------------------


    1. Name: Crazy Single Mom
    2. Location: Connecticut, USA


    3. I am a 44 year old
    4. single mom of a 6
    5. year old little girl.


    6. Want to learn more?


    7. View My Profile!
  • --------------------


    1. other side of mantlepiece..yes it is a VERY big ma...
    2. Photo gallery on the side of mantlepiece 
    3. our mantlepiece I decorated and cleaned for Thanks...
    4. These are the curtains Oliquig hung, before that w...
    5. What part of Thanksgiving are you
    6. Busy Busy Busy!
    7. Let them eat cake!
    8. Thief! Thief!
    9. or maybe....pskit bit the dust??? Naaah, she's inv...
    10. The rug is dead....long live the rug!!! 
  • --------------------


  • --------------------


  • --------------------


    1. Design By:
    2. Ciao! My Bella!
    3. Comments By:
    4. Haloscan
    5. Platform By:
    6. Blogger
    7. Powered By:
    8. CrazySingleMom
    9. Image From:
    10. Getty Images