Saturday, November 06, 2004

Out of the mouth of babes


Thursday I was getting Princess ready for school, she grudgingly let me put a skirt on her. She has a best friend in pre-school, we will call her Blondie. This was our conversation:
Princess: Mommy I a boy!
Me: You can still pretend to be a boy even if you wear a skirt honey.
Princess: But I a girl, like Blondie.
Me: That's right honey, but you can pretend to be anything you want to be!
Princess: But I can't marry Blondie...
Me: (trying not to laugh) No honey, you can't, at least in 11 states!
Ever notice how wittiness is wasted on the toddler set?

Yesterday, I went to dinner with roomie and her family, since my family is far away for the most part, they have become like family to me. Princess had to go pottie, so I took her to the restroom. When she was done, I had to go too. She looks at me and says, "Mommy, you have fur on your 'gina!!" At which point I COULDN'T hold the laughter and laughed out loud!! I told her that yes I did, and when she gets much bigger so will she. This did not seem to impress her!

These are only a sampling of the conversations I have with her, I cherish every funny, poignant, sad, silly thing she says. And as much as I want her to grow up to say words properly, I miss certain words, like blanklet. And when she would burp she used to say scuse me I buuurp teehee!!!If you have kids, remember all these things, they only come around once!


• Posted By Crazy Single Mom @ 7:28 AM
  • --------------------


    1. Name: Crazy Single Mom
    2. Location: Connecticut, USA


    3. I am a 44 year old
    4. single mom of a 6
    5. year old little girl.


    6. Want to learn more?


    7. View My Profile!
  • --------------------


    1. Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ...
    2. Day off
    3. Little Man, and his parents, such a happy pic! 
    4. How cute is Little Man!!! 
    5. Trick or Treat!! 
    6. Me in costume at work, Pirates of the Carribean he...
    7. Can we say sugar high???
    8. Late at night thoughts
    9. Princess in here Halloween costume as....you gue...
    10. Princess riding a pony at the Big E 
  • --------------------


  • --------------------


  • --------------------


    1. Design By:
    2. Ciao! My Bella!
    3. Comments By:
    4. Haloscan
    5. Platform By:
    6. Blogger
    7. Powered By:
    8. CrazySingleMom
    9. Image From:
    10. Getty Images