Sunday, January 09, 2005

Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the hydrant


That was a line on the commercial for CSI NY tonight, and after hearing it, I am definitely the hydrant today. Nothing terrible happened, just a series of things that tended to make this day less than wonderful. Ready for some whining? Good! Those of you who don't want to hear whining, move along and find a less whiny blog to read right now :-)

I woke up this morning to my poor roomie with the stomach flu in the bathroom, she must have woken up Princess and I heard Princess run into the living room and yell "I'm in here Mom". I felt so sorry for Oliquig, I don't tend to get the stomach flu, but the few times I have gotten it, I felt like dying! Her blog is malfunctioning right now, but she assures me it will be up and running soon. When it is, please go over and give her a hug, and wish her well!

Last night was less than perfect. For a while now, Princess had been doing the "I have to go potty" thing, often and loudly right when she has to go to bed. Now, if she had a problem all day, I would most certainly take her to the doctor, but she can hold it during the day, but at night she has to let out the tiniest piddle or she'll burst sheesh! Because of this, she lost TV privileges for most of the day, I caved towards the end. That brings us to today again.

I have the worlds worst cough and feel like $hit. I would have liked nothing better than to sit on the couch and cough up a lung or two while my daughter turned into zombie child while watching TV. Now before you all get in a huff...No I do not routinely let her rot her brains, but today would have been nice. Careful how you punish, you might end up punishing yourself! Instead, I cleaned the guinee pig cage and totally rearranged Princess' bedroom, then took out the mountain o' garbage we had on our back porch. You see, if I put it out before garbage day, the myriad wild animals in our neighborhood tend to think it's a feast and I wake up to garbage strewn all over the yard.

My ribs hurt, my chest hurts, my throat hurts, in general, I hurt, all from coughing. I want my mommy!!!

Okay, I'm done with the whining. The good side of today, the guinee pig cage is clean, Princesses room looks awesome, roomie only got sick this morning so it looks like a 24 hour thing instead of longer, and Princess and I went for a walk which was nice. So now, I go to sit on that couch I wanted to sit on all day, and cough up that lung or two! I'm done now :-)


• Posted By Crazy Single Mom @ 9:27 PM
  • --------------------


    1. Name: Crazy Single Mom
    2. Location: Connecticut, USA


    3. I am a 44 year old
    4. single mom of a 6
    5. year old little girl.


    6. Want to learn more?


    7. View My Profile!
  • --------------------


    1. Hi, my name is Nina, and I have a sickness
    2. Random thoughts and nightmares......
    3. Lost, it's what's on TV!
    4. De-lurking day continued
    5. Conversations with a 4 year old
    6. Oops
    7. Nastiness abounds
    8. Musings
    9. Crazy weekend done!!!
    10. To Meme or Not to Meme
  • --------------------


  • --------------------


  • --------------------


    1. Design By:
    2. Ciao! My Bella!
    3. Comments By:
    4. Haloscan
    5. Platform By:
    6. Blogger
    7. Powered By:
    8. CrazySingleMom
    9. Image From:
    10. Getty Images