Thursday, March 03, 2005

Conversations with Princess


This morning on the way to dropping off Princess at day care, this was the conversation we had:

Princess: Mommy what's the sun?
Me: It's the yellow thing in the sky over there honey.
Princess: Mooooommm!!!
Me: Ok, it's a star, just like all the stars in the sky at night, only we're a lot closer to it than the other stars, so it looks bigger and gives us light and warmth.
Princess: (thinking hard) The sun-star has daughters, lots of them!
Me: Oh really?
Princess: Yeah and Luna(the moon) is the mommy, and she goes to bed, and sun-star jumps on the bed and bounces her into the sky, you remember mommy? Luna is in the sky!
Me: (chuckling to self) Yes that's right my love, Luna is in the sky!
Princess: The daughters go to school in the day, and Luna takes them home at night, and they don't see sun-star cause he doesn't live there he lives far away.
Me: (heart breaking just a little) Honey, do the daughters miss sun-star?
Princess: (I can see her thinking hard in the rear view mirror) No cause Luna sings them lullabye's and puts them to bed.
Me: Well I'm glad they're happy!
Princess: Me too.

I can't really add much to that, except to say I have an exceptional daughter and I love her more each day.


• Posted By Crazy Single Mom @ 10:30 PM
  • --------------------


    1. Name: Crazy Single Mom
    2. Location: Connecticut, USA


    3. I am a 44 year old
    4. single mom of a 6
    5. year old little girl.


    6. Want to learn more?


    7. View My Profile!
  • --------------------


    1. Reflections on the "village" that helps raise my c...
    2. Winter Nostalgia
    3. I was tagged, here's the meme to prove it
    4. Introspection and weekend plans
    5. Job or Career?
    6. My Weekend and what became of it
    7. Here is Psykit, trying to catch snowballs from the...
    8. Hoss doing what he does best when it's cold outside.
    9. Princess helping clean off roomie's car today.
    10. Question for the day
  • --------------------


  • --------------------


  • --------------------


    1. Design By:
    2. Ciao! My Bella!
    3. Comments By:
    4. Haloscan
    5. Platform By:
    6. Blogger
    7. Powered By:
    8. CrazySingleMom
    9. Image From:
    10. Getty Images